In this mode, you use the turn signal lights or an auxiliary light. If you are using signal lights, the signals are routed through VoloMOD. VoloMOD will behave as follows
Lights will flash twice a second under normal deceleration
- Lights will flash four times a second under hard deceleration
- When brake lever is applied the lights will flash once a second- this feature is automatically turned off when turn signals are active
Checklist before proceeding
- Check to make sure your signal lights are not on CANBUS
- Find out what is the color code of each signal (left, right, brake, power and gnd)
- You have a clean surface on the bike to fit VoloMod. The surface should not lean more than 45 degrees down or up. Under the seat or trunk compartment is recommended.
- Check to make sure the input 12V can support the full load of the additional lights
Using the posi-tap (red/grey) connector, make connection to power, ground and brake.
Using the 4 posi-lok (red/red) connectors, make the four connections as follows:
- Motorcycle Left turn signal input connects to VoloMod's brown and white stripe wire
- Motorcycle's Right turn signal inpu connects to VoloMod's blue and white stripe wire
- Motorcycle's Left turn signal output connects to VoloMod's Brown wire (output 1)
- Motorcycle's Right turn signal output connects to VoloMod's Blue wire (output 2)
Turn the ignition key to the ON position. Verify the 'OK" start up sequence of the VoloMOD. (Three quick middle red LED flash, one long red LED flash on the far right and green light ON)
Calibration: You may need a friend for this part. With the VoloMOD positioned and placed on the bike with arrows pointing to the front of the motorcycle and leaned to an upright riding position, introduce the magnet to the area on the VoloMod with the magnet. Allow VoloMod approximately 10(x) seconds to finish calibration while keeping the mot
Check calibration- slowly tilt the Vololights so the arrow is pointing down and make sure the two red LEDs flash. Repeat step 3 if the red LEDs are not flashing
Carefully remove the Velcro adhesive tape attach them on your motorcycle. Place VoloMod taking care to have the arrows pointing as straight as possible to the front of the motorcycle.
Installation Complete: Have a friend ride ride or drive behind you to check that VoloMod is installed properly and indicates deceleration from engine braking or downshifting.
Ride safe and please send us your feedback and product recommendations.